Whether served hot or cold, you’ll love the rich, smoky flavor of this dish.
What You Need
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup baby Carrots
- 1 cup Whole Kernel Yellow Corn
- 1/2 cup Bacon (can substitute with ham or tofu)
- 1 cup of Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped Basil
How to Do It
1. Cook the Quinoa according to the instructions on the box (usually 2 cups water per 1 cup Quinoa, boil for 7-8 minutes over medium heat).
2. Steam the baby carrots while the Quinoa is cooking and finely dice them.
3. Add carrots and all other ingredients to the Quinoa pot and mix until thoroughly blended.
4. Serve immediately or refrigerate in tupperware for lunch later in the week.
Makes approximately 4 servings.