This is a “fake it ’till you make it” kind of recipe, which really means use a crockpot if you don’t have a grill to barbecue on! What could be better than the smell of meat slow cooking all day long? Nothing, it really is one of the simple joys of life.
Inspired by a recipe from Mmm…is for Mommy, all these ribs are require a simple dry rub and some barbecue sauce. Enjoy fooling taste testers into thinking these came from a remote little barbecue joint somewhere in the South!
What You Need:
- 2 packs short ribs or country-style ribs (approx. 2 lbs.)
- 1 cups barbeque sauce
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 3 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. salt
- crock pot
- cooking spray to prevent sticking
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- ½ cup honey
How To Do It:
1. Defrost ribs, either in the microwave or overnight.
2. Add all spices in one bowl and mix together evenly to create the dry rub for your ribs.
7. Once finished cooking, remove ribs from crockpot and place them in a foil-lined pan. Place them in the oven at 200 degrees to keep them warm while you finish making smothering sauce.
8. Strain the juice left at the bottom of the crockpot, removing any fallen pits of meat (feel free to eat these as you will most likely be starving by this point). Pour strained juice into a pot or saucepan over medium heat.
9. Add remaining cup of barbeque sauce and honey to saucepan. Cook on high heat for three minutes, stirring constantly.
10. Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Stir occasionally.
11. Brush one side of ribs with thick barbeque sauce. Bake for two minutes. Remove ribs, turn them over gently and brush the other side. Place them back into the oven on low heat for an additional two minutes.
Share on Pinterest!