This recipe was inspired by the famous Chocolate Waffle at SweetWater Tavern in Virginia. Their chocolate waffle is a playful twist on a classic breakfast staple, converted into a fluffily dessert. The best part? It couldn’t be easier to make.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups prepared waffle batter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- handful of chocolate chips
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- fruit for garnish (optional)
- extra chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- chocolate syrup
How To Do It:
- Add cocoa powder, water, sugar and chocolate chips to waffle batter. Stir until fully blended, making sure all cocoa powder has been smoothly absorbed into the batter.
- Using a waffle maker, cook waffles according to the instructions on the box.
- Garnish waffle with ice cream, fruit, chocolate syrup and chocolate chips.
- Enjoy this indulgent dessert!
Share on Pinterest!