Who doesn’t love a good peppermint hot chocolate during the holiday season? That’s why Cool Sass decided to turn these amazing flavors into a dessert! This recipe also functions with brownies if cake isn’t your favorite dessert, perfect for parties of any kind!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box devils food cake mix (along with the ingredients required on the box such as eggs, oil, water, etc.)*
- 1 tbsp. mint extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate pudding, prepared
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 3 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- 1 bar of dark chocolate
* Brownie mix can be substituted for cake mix if desired
How To Do It:
- Preheat the oven according to the instructions on the box.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the instructions on the box. For a fluffy cake texture, Cool Sass recommends adding wet ingredients first and then sifting the cake mix prior to combining with the others.
- Add one cup marshmallows, semi-sweet chocolate chips, pudding and mint extract to cake batter.
- Place into a 13 x 9 in. pan and bake according to the instructions on the box.
- With five minutes left on the timer, melt 1/2 of the bar of dark chocolate to be used as a glaze.
- Once cake has cooled sufficiently, add chocolate glaze.
- Garnish with 3 crushed candy canes and the remaining cup of marshmallows.
- Enjoy your holiday dessert!
Share on Pinterest!