I woke up one morning craving something spicy. I opened the fridge to find three eggs and some vitamins. In the cabinet- some jasmine rice, a can of corn and some spices. Clearly it had been a little while since the last grocery store run. Oddly enough, it’s times like these where the best recipes are created. Take a look at this recipe to see what Cool Sass whipped up in the early morning hours.
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup of jasmine (or plain) rice
- two eggs
- 1 tbsp. Siracha chili sauce
- a splash of tomato sauce
- Cream or soy milk, depending on food sensitivities
- 1/2 can of corn
How To Do It:
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the box, using either a convection oven or the microwave.
- While the rice is cooking, in a sauce pan, add siracha sauce, tomato sauce, corn and cream. Cook over medium heat. You can add other ingredients in here as well if you have them on hand, such as spices or black beans.
- Just before your rice is fully cooked, fry two eggs in a different saute pan.
- Place the rice, tomato mixture and eggs onto the plate. Add seasoning if desired (salt and pepper). All done! Enjoy your spicy and meal, slightly reminiscent of a deconstructed breakfast burrito.
Share this recipe on Pinterest!